We hear about lost passwords and hijacked accounts all the time. Here are some tips to keep your account secure:
- Type in the URL to Purerave: To safely and securely access the site, open a new web browser and type in the full URL to http://www.purerave.com.
Use a browser other than MS Internet Explorer. FireFox is an excellent alternative for both Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X operating systems. Ensure that the browser is up to date with the latest security patches.
- Familarize yourself with the login process: Purerave will never create any kind of pop-up requesting your login information.
- Don't follow links to Purerave from untrusted sites.
- Don't use untrusted computers or untrusted networks. If you don't trust the Internet connection you are using then don't login using it.
- Don't surf untrusted sites and Purerave at the same time.
- Keep your security software current. Update your firewall and security patches frequently.
- Monitor your account and your profile's Last Login page. Check your account periodically to see if there is any suspicious activity.
- Try to memorize your member ID (it's 0). It can come in handy if your account becomes hijacked.
- Don't forget to Log-Out if you're using a shared computer.
- Don't use the Auto-Login feature on computers you don't trust.
- Never share your password.
- Create a secure password using a combination of letters, numbers and characters.
- Keep your password unique: Don't use the same password for Purerave and other services. Using the same password for multiple services increases the likelyhood that someone could learn your password.
- Change your password often.
- Don't send your password via email or instant message. We'll never, ever, ask you for your password. Ever!
- Don't share your account: It's tempting, but try not to share your account. It's also against the User Agreement.
- Keep your email address up to date and confirmed. Please use your primary email address for Purerave. We've never, and will never, send out spam!
- Purerave and their staff will never send you attachments.
- Keep your account's email address hidden by editing your Profile and checking the Keep email hidden box.
There are some very important things to keep in mind when interacting online.
- Be careful sharing your personal information such as your real name, address, or phone number with members you do not trust. Never post such information publicly!
- Never meet anyone in real life without telling others or accompanied by a friend.
- People online aren't always who they claim to be.
- Marking your event attendance will expose to others that you'll be attending that event.
- Use the location hiding option in your profile.
- Being someone else's +Buddy will expose when you last logged in.